Saturday, March 14, 2009

Step Brothers


Stars: 2 out of 5

Rating: R

Trailer:


Trailer from traileraddict.com

What I thought:

In my opinion, a good slapstick movie once in a while is beneficial to everybody's health. Because sometimes, all you need is to sit down and laugh at stupid things for an hour and a half.
After watching the trailer, Step Brothers seemed perfect for some mindless humor. Turns out, all the funny parts were in the trailer and all I got out of watching it were a couple hundred dead brain cells.

I know there are definitely a lot of people who think this movie is really funny, but watching one hundred minutes of every possible laugh being squeezed out of one joke was just painful.

Also, this was one of those movies where every character is kind of vile. I'm pretty sure a movie has failed when, half an hour in, the audience realizes that they hate everybody except for the blind guy next door, who has a cool dog.

Don't watch it. If you already have, I'm sending you healing thoughts.

-J

4 comments:

  1. AGREED! i walked out of the theater on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I watched a bad movie, too, today. Good luck scrubbing your brain out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha kaytee watched this and told me it was bad. and usually shes into really good movies so maybe i would like it...but now two people say its bad so i wont watch it and waste that precious second semester senior time =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i actually wanted to see this when it first came out...but now i dont think i'll waste my time :P

    ReplyDelete